• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

skunk

i have a mobile home up by mcgarth.just a hunting SHACK,i cant get under its to low.but i have a skunk living under it.what can i do to make him move out?or come out when im there and then he wont be moving.i heard the fox is a predator of the skunk if true what if i but fox urine on a bunch of rags by his entrance and exit routes would he then leave and not come?sorry for being so long winded.would like to take care of it before spring thanks

lung shoot him and he will spray the least. if you can get a 22 mag he may not spray at all. get rid of it before spring or you may have 6 or 7 more. i've tried lots of things to try and force them out ( moth balls, rags soaked in gas .......) nothing worked. they are not the smartest animal in the world and killing him is probably your best bet.

As a kid, I remember my uncle getting one out from under a grainery by gassing him out with the exhaust from a small engine. Two cycle mower exhaust piped through an old vacuum cleaner tube would work. When I ran a trapline,and caught skunks in my coon and fox sets, I would get broadside to them and blow their spines out with a shotgun. Done right, there is no smell, and the trap could be reused without boiling or airing.

I lived in a apartment and the owner put a live trap out. Good thing he didn't get it that night! The next night he put a garbage bag around the trap and got it. I don't know what he did with it but I would suggest submerging it in a lake for about 5-10 minutes.

You should get rid of it fast. I had a buddy who thought he only had 1 skunk under his garage. He use conobare traps and ended up catching 8 of the stinky critters. I recomend scaring them out and shooting them. this stunk his house up so bad he had to move out for a couple of weeks.

I have live trapped about a dozen of the things in a busy camp ground. The key is to use a grain sack over the live trap. They can't reach through and shred the bag like a garbage bag (learned the hard way.) As long as they cant see you they won't spray. After they are caught go up and throw a blanket with a hole in the middle over the trap. This way you can grab the handle through the hole. Just simply let the blanket drape over all sides and throw it in your truck to where ever. Since i couldn't shoot them in the camp i would take them about 5 miles in the country. Bring a garden rake with you. Set the trap on the ground and use the rake to roll it over one side at a time. As soon as the trap is upside down the door opens up. Grap your shot gun and let them get out there a good 30yds let them have it then pick your trap up and boogie. Have never been sprayed thank god.

thanks for the replys everyone.what would be the best way to get the STINKER during the day.i have no power at my shack.i'm going up there in two weeks just for the day.so it would be nice if i could take care of it in one day trip. thanks again anyone need any cover scent for deer hunting i might have a fresh skunk for you.just keep it in your freezer until hunting time.