• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Forest Zone Fox Snaring

Anybody snare fox in the forest furbearer zone? I have some good areas but they are on lake ice approaches and I can't bed a trap on ice very well. How do you get a snaring permit? The regs say talk to a CO but they are hard to pin down.

Contact the C.O. in the county you wish to snare. Use very good judgement in where you hang snares. Grouse hunting is over now. You have every right to snare if you are lawfull.

Commensense rules. catching a dog is not likely if just setting a fox trail.

[This message has been edited by protrapper (edited 01-01-2004).]

All of my snaring would be taking place on my own family's land. If people are walking past the no hunting or trespassing signs to hunt our grouse they're doing it illegally. I wouldn't think of kill-snaring on public land - maybe if it was very remote.

Most snaring is kill snaring, if there is any chance of entanglement even with restraining snares. You would have to use a restraining snare in a open trail set, with a self supporting type snare where the animal wouldn't choke down. And they still will be killed with restraining snares with no entanglement. It's the nature of the beast.