• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRAIL CAMERAS

I have one of the less-expensive, no frills trail cameras and have just recently been having a problem with the camera registering "shots", but having the developed film come up empty. Most times my pictures are of deer, woods, birds, etc., but sometimes there is just no picure returned. I suspect that now that the weather has turned colder, I may have a battery power problem--probably enough juice to record on the display, but not enough to fire the camera or flash.

Has anybody had any experiences like this? Do you have any suggestions for extending battery life? My camera uses 8 AA batteries.

Thanks.

I seem to have the same thing going. I just got mine, and developed my first 2 rolls with the same type results. Not sure what the heck is going on.
I have a TrailTimer brand too, and that thing never misses a beat. Trouble is that it costs about 3 times as much. I bought the Stealth Cam because I thought I could buy 3 times as many for the money.

I thought maybe I was just having bad luck or something.

Absolutely loading the film properly.
I will give it a few more rolls before I put a review out on it, but there is something a little out of whack. I have zero problems with my TrailTimer model.
Not that this is really a "problem", but its odd that someone else is seeing the same thing I have seen.
Hey, for 65 bucks, still a great value to catch a glimpse of what you may not know is there. I do have a picture of a decent 8 pointer on this camera behind the house that I have not seen. And a couple days later I viewed him at the feeder behind the house.
Now just 15 minutes ago, I had another different 8 pointer at the feeder with better mass.
Not to skew the topic, but my McKenzie target in the back yard appears to have been "attacked" over the weekend. There's a big gouge in the back leg that was not there last week, and it ain't no arrow. I may have to dump some doe urine on the target.... smile.gif