• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waubay fishing report

Fished Waubay today and had pretty good luck. Started fishing about 9am. Bite was slow until 12:30 or so. Marked fish on and off all morning, but couldn't get them to bite. About 1 pm we had an agressive, large school of perch camp out under us. From 1-3:30 pm the bite was pretty much non-stop, and had no problem filling our limit of perch. We fished southeast of the Grenville boat ramp in 22ft.

I think I found the "Motherload" My brother was nice enough to share his secret fishing spot with me last year, and I tryed it, and WAMO, there it was the 'motherload', couldent keep em off my hook! Just want to say a special thanks to my bro for the spot.
I will have to return the faver (Someday)....LOL grin.gif There is just one trick to getten those walleyes that I know he has'nt tryed yet! sssshhhhhh! dont tell him but, it goes like this;
'Here fishie fishie', 'Here fishie fishie' grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I am headed out to NE SD tomorrow (Conde). I was wondering if anyone had any hot spots that would be willing to share. I have secret spot on NE Waubay (The Refuge area) that nobody ever fishes, but I am always looking for others.
Thanks

------------------
The Bronco Kid

Perchjerk
I have caught quite a few perch on the NE part Waubay (The Refuge they call it). Also there is a lake about 5-10 miles so. of Webster called Reetz Lake (Not sure on the spelling). I have caught them there before, but haven't been there yet this year.

------------------
The Bronco Kid

I bagged up on the perch last sat and also on sun, fished the same exact spot both days. Three of us limited on sat. I caught and released a semi load of them yellow bellies on sunday. I had the aqua vu down there on sunday and when they came through, they came in herds wiping out any bait that was in their way. I had the best luck using a forage minnow tipped with waxies. I hadnt got into the perch like that for a few years. Bite seemed to be fairly spottty though, talked to a group that was about 150 yards to the south and they hadnt had a single bite in twpo hours of fishing.

Flags up again!
Good Fishing!

Hey sharkie of the slough. We will have to hook up this weekend and catch a few of those yellow bellies and sip on a few of those Schmitty's. We will be in the area from Thurs-Mon trying to latch on to a few. I will get hold of you on Fri nite to see whats going on. Talked to Paulie tonight and he's raring and ready to do some fishin on Fri, Sat, and Sun with us.

What is the snow like on Waubay? Any problems driving a vehicle on or are you limited to a snowmobile? If driving is OK, any areas of the lake to avoid with unsafe ice?

Had overheard a few fellaz talking the they had heard they were catching some off of school bus but not sure how they were getting there. Not sure if they were talking due to snow or unsafe ice.

THanks for the help.

RBANDSASHA

The snow on waubay wasnt to bad, A four wheel drive will get you around pretty much wherever you need to go. There was a pretty big ice heave where I was fishing, always need to be careful of those darned things. walleye69, I may bag up on the perch again saturday morn into the afternoon and then I think there may be night eye bashin going on up on E-Swim. Paulie knows the spot on waubay. Tear into em! Pound a few of those schmidtberries for me since ill be working on friday.

fished waubay saturday but came up with only a few eyes and even fewer perch. drove all over the lake and didn't find anyone having much luck. definately a slow day on the lake.

Same thing for us. Started fishing Friday at about 4:00. Picked up a few eyes including a 23.5" and a 21"er. Was slow through the night but had an occational fish. The bottle bass were on fire though.
Sat. moring we only had 2 perch and about 10 eyes so we started cutting holes and were able to pick up a few more walleyes, but not a perch to be found. Finally gave up at about 2:00 because I had to work.
Oh yeh, we were out of Grenville
mw

Srainman

I would be extreamly careful when you head to Wabay.... I am not positive but, I did hear there was open water in atleast one spot... Also heard that one truck did go through the ice... This is what I heard, I don't know forsure....

Although, we were up fishing a slough just south of Webster on Sat. and the ice was extreamly spooky, it was dark and pitted...

BE VERY CAREFUL

We were on driving on the ice last weekend and probably shouldn't have been. There was a spot on SE Waubay that looked open, didn't feel like getting close enough to inspect it. smile.gif I would say that will be my last trip on the ice with my truck.