• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heater Placement

Badlieutenant

Question

Never had a forced air furnace in a fish House before, but decided to give a suburban nt-16sq a try in my newest build (yetti 6.5x12 shell) I've heard a few people say that the intake/exhaust should not be in the front v, which makes sense, but I'm curious if anyone has done it and what tricks they used no not have the intake plugged by road debris. I see so many houses that have the vent in the front somewhere, I'm hoping someone will tell me what I'm missing. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Installing a new 19k BTU Suburban heater in my Wheel House. Old 78' PU comper unit finally failed. Using same heat duct so need to install on the "V" front against the wall. Added 90 deg. intake/exhaust pipe adapters. Will use a deflector on outside vent. Also adding 1/8" hardware screen over outside vent deflector to keep mud dobbers out during summer. (Not shown in pic). Old unit vent same spot on V for 4 years without any road spray issues.

20181021_105649.png.539a27b8ec8af41a9215df04c0abfe4f.png