• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northeast SD area lodging.?

7-9 of us looking into going to NE SD in late May for a family trip. We usually stay at the Bunkhouse but would rather find a cabin/resort type place in the Waubay, Bitter, Enemy Swim area. Would also consider a similar setup around Thompson or Watertown areas. Thanks for the help!!

check out lake thompson's HSOforum through the GFP. They have a old farm house renovated into a cabin from large groups or families. You just bring your own bedding and clean up after yourself. It even has a nice deck with a grill or is real close to the steak house. I've had friends say it is really nice.

Mukeez - Not alot of traditional resorts in SD. One on Enemy Swim with a few cabins.. maybe another. There is a small one on the south end of Pickeral that my extended family stayed at last June. Don't know the name but Bob at Lake Country Sports east of Greenville would. There is a couple of farm house / trailer house deals around Waubay. My family is staying At Roy Lake Lodge this June... about 20 miles to Waubay but Roy is good and Kettle and Orbitz is very near. The link below has some of these places listed. I don't think there is anything on Kamp or around Watertown. A couple lakes in the Arlington area have resorts. Don't know about Lake Thompson

http://www.sdglaciallakes.com/placestostay.htm

Check out Fins & Feathers Lodge on Bitter. This winter it was in the process of being totally remodled. I heard he was planning on opening for business at the end of March. This weather may have delayed it some but worth checking out if you have a group of guys. Jim the owner has his own bar there and is a really nice guy.

If you're going on a weekend, call up NeSoDak Bible Camp. They do weekend retreats for a small fee per person, about $15 I think, I've never paid, just worked there for three summers. They are right on Enemy Swim, literally and the bluegill fishing in Indian Bay that time of year is outstanding. They have cabins and a lodge for housing, that time of year they will have campers during the week, but they'd probably put you up in the lodge. They cook breakfast lunch and dinner, just make sure you're on time. The number is (605) 947-4440, tell them Willie Rosin recommended it to you, you should be able to get rooms. Book early, they fill up very fast.
Selmer