• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MJBaldwin

Tv Setup

Hello there, I am wondering what you guys do for a TV set up above the fireplace.  I am moving and the new house will not have the depth my old one did to whole the wii, dvd player, apple tv, and cable box...

What are your thoughts on all this? Best look or set up?

How about 1 hdmi cable to the tv and a cabinet somewhere else inconspicuous with a HDMI switch, and all the other stuff there?  

That is the least ugly alternative I could think of without hacking into walls etc.    TV on one of those wall mount things..

Thanks delcecchi, that is what I was thinking just didn't know if there were other "obvious" solutions.

They make mounts where the TV sits out a little further and you can mount a couple smaller appliances to the mount behind the TV with straps.  Not an option for some as the TV may stick out a few more inches but worth considering if you don't want a separate cabinet. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Nope can't say I have been sick. I visit my parents in the old folks home so maybe that will be a good test. I may need to find another chunk of two to last me the winter. I kinda enjoy being in the woods and looking for it.
    • Make sure you use shielded cable vs wiring rca ends onto standard 16 gauge wire other wise you will have interference from your other 12 and 120 volt wiring.  More insulation = less btus needed. At the very least I would spray the floor. Going to want to go 30k if you aren’t going to spray foam the walls Depends on location. 30” is optimal. If on the side of the house versus back, I would go 24” because the are nicer to sit on. I have a 36” for my fold down top bunk and it works well to sleep my 7 & 8 year old Are they nice? Yes. Are they a nessecity? No. I don’t have one and moisture has never been an issue. The only prob I have is cooking bacon in the house.... I love bacon but when u cook it in the house it lingers for days, but not sure the vent would totally solve this LED!!!!! You need to decide whether you’re going to have a generator and how long you want to run it. If you think that you’re going to constantly run a generator then you probably want to have more 120 V lights in the last 12 V lights. If you’re not going to run a generator that often or not at all then you would want to cut down in the number of 120 V lights.  Three way switches are in valuable within a fish house. Being able to switch on the entire bank of lights by the door and also by the rear bunk is very nice when you hear the rattle real go off in the middle of the night. I have three double pancake LED lights in my house that can be switched on and off individually one light or too light per fixture. I then ran the input power through a three way switch so that I can shut each light down individually or shut the whole works off as one. Hall lights are also very important, we used LED Leison plate lights and they work awesome
    • Been sick at all since starting to use it?  Friends of mine have been using it for a few years religiously for one reason or another.  They keep a jug of it next to the coffee pot.
    • After using tea made from chaga for awhile, I am not sure I have realized any positive health benifits. I plan to keep using the chaga tea through out the winter. I would also like to try a chaga tenture. If anyone has any tips or advice please share.
    • I would look at the camera you would want and add the proper wire for that. Most new cameras have hdmi out I believe. I wired our house with two hdmi ports for cameras. You can get long hdmi cables for pretty cheap online. Also bought little adapters and mounted to the right bench and one up front. They both run to the tv. You could do a 12V outlet near the area as well depending on how your camera is powered. I would get a forced air furnace if you are planning on sleeping in it. Ventless heaters are not safe in my opinion unless you leave a window open. I would definitely insulate it well. If you cut corners on insulation you will pay for it in propane in the long run. Depending on your ceiling height I would go with a full size 12v ceiling fan.  They are nice to have and are not too expensive.  We have recessed puck led lights from superbrightled.com they are a little pricey but I like them. They have similar options on amazon that are much cheaper. Porch lights were from super bright as well.   
    • no idea who it was, i was asked to be a mod years after that in the bird forum. 
    • I would definitely include one.     I would buy whatever you are going to use for mattresses or cushions and build the bunk around that.     I like having one....     12 volt RV lighting with LED bulbs. LED hole lights.     Do you live on a lake or is this going to be kept at a resort?  
    • I was up north more than ever this fall but with the bad fall weather and being busy with other things, I never even got a chance to walk the woods. One weekend I brought the gun and orange but it stayed in the truck because of cold, wet weather. My dog is not happy.
    • The Gammi’s are good!  This is a pic of my rig.  I just run 20 lb fluorocarbon to the snap and change hook sizes as needed and run the Gammi circles.   This didn’t turn out like I expected but this pike had my rig all the way around his lower jaw and didn’t cut the flouro.  It’s the same leader I used all last year, landing up to 30+ inchers.   And what do you do when you forget your tip up?  Make the next best thing with what you have.  A twist tie and candy wrapper was my flag for the weekend.  
    • Well let's see, there were 3 maybe 4.