• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pacific Coast Highway

jbell1981

I will be traveling from Crescent City, CA to San Diego in July with the family. We will have 4 days to make the trip. If you have done the trip, I am wondering what your opinions are on must stop places. Also curious if people have camped along the way. Since we won't have a set itinerary and will have a tent packed we plan to just find places to pitch a tent along the way. I assume there is no shortage of campgrounds along the way. 

So i did a short drive down the PCH, from SF to San Luis Obisbo (sp).  It is a tough drive.  you end up going a lot slower than you expect, because of traffic and the road itself.  Beautiful drive but idiots everywhere.  we ended up taking the freeway back even that it was an hour east of the PCH it was much faster.  I mapped it, says you can do it in 13-14 hrs but man that would be a hard hours with no stops.  If there are areas you want to see then more power to you, i could not do it again.  Please take pictures and share if you do drive it.  Good luck.