• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Event grills

Does anyone have experience with these, good or bad.  We are having my sons graduation and we are thinking of buying one for this and then donating it to the local baseball assoc, who would use it maybe 3 times a yr.  I like the idea of a griddle better than grates simply becuz I think it would be easier to clean and could grill more things like bacon etc.  Tell me if im wrong.  Downfalls I see is no cover, especially since it will be stored in a shed when not used.  Thanks

Part of reason Im asking to is there are not alot of reviews for the product

I've seen them with flat surface's which are really limited, and one's with grilling grates with propane burners or charcoal which you can do more of a variety.  The one's I've seen had no covers which is a down side for me.  Hard to do good ribs from start to finish without a  cover, but for burgers, steaks, corn, pork chops or chicken it can work with large crowds.  You could finish off ribs on those of course.  good luck.

We have some of the 220 V electric griddle-type that we use for Lion's Club pancake benefits. Pretty much limit one to French toast and one to pancakes. They work fine for that even though I'm not a fan of electric. The temperature fluctuation/cycling drives me nuts. These are strictly used indoors so after they're cleaned up they're stored inside in a specially made cabinet. We do 3 or 4 benefits a year. Our car club borrowed the propane unit from the fire dept. and that's a lot faster for steaks although it's still essentially frying not broiling them.

I'd do the brats and hot dogs and then put them in hot beer or some sort of liquid.  That's my preferred method if I'm only making 6 let alone 100 or more.  No worry about getting them done and any timing.

May be an issue on renting one but I'd look into a rental store.