• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shooting Gloves (just a tip)

96trigger

So all summer I shoot my bow without gloves, in the fall I start wearing gloves to get use to the feel as I always have gloves on in the stand.  I have never really noticed the gloves causing issues but I have noticed that since I put on the gloves, my accuracy has gone down a little bit, not much and I wasn't concerned, probably went from a 2 inch group to a 3 inch group.  What I didn't like was that every once in awhile I would get an errant arrow.  Usually close enough for a kill, but not in the bullseye, and we are talking a game of inches here.  Last night my hunting gloves were in my scent free tub so I just grabbed my pair of under armour running gloves.  These gloves are skin tight and have a rubber webbing on the palm making them a little grippy.  I have never shot so good, my groups were as tight as I have ever seen them and I have been shooting bow for 20 years. I didn't have one errant arrow during the session.  I'm going to try them again tonight and see if I get the same results.  I shoot a switchback XT which has the wood grip, the smooth gloves are probably causing some bow slip on release, if I squeeze the grip, I get bow torque.  I was able to hold the bow much much looser and I don't get any grip slip, I also don't need to squeeze the grip and don't have bow torque.  

Just thought I would throw that out there as an FYI.   

I've used softball/baseball type of batting gloves for years.  When it's cold I just have a hand warmer around my waist.  They usually have some tacky type material in the palm, work awesome, say concept as your talking about.