• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? on lens and one shooting star.

That would have been my suggestion.  A small battery hand fan works well for the few times I've had moisture problems. 

I just don't like more glass (filters) on my lenses. They reduce sharpness, flare and other little problems.

Thx Dan.  was gonna try it last night but cloud city moved in.  I dont like more glass also but got sick of wiping off the moisture.  tripod legs were soaked when I left. lol   hope to try it and see how it affects the pic. 

went out last night to do a star trail and then look for shooters.  set up my shot and about 15 minutes into it a pickup turned down the road and the lights were pretty bright so figured I would start over. looked at the lens and coated with moisture with the anti fog spray on the filter. lol  so I went home. I was thinking maybe it got so bad cuz the camera sat inside the house all day where it was nice and cool, then I took it out to the hot and humid night. ??  maybe. pic turned out kind weird but I like the spot so will hit it again some night when the dew point is lower. 

814a.jpg

Whether hot or cold I always prefer to bring the camera slowly to that temp. I have rarely encountered fog issues. I like this location, you have some real potential here. Wider shot? Looks like some northern lights tonight might be worth a look at 4am?

this is only 5 miles from my house so hope to get a better shot soon.  18 mm is as low as I can go. cant back up much cuz of road and house.  got a transporter??  lol  Aurora tonight?  have not seen an alert yet. 

strike 2.  set up tonight and could not see the big dipper after 15 minutes so came home. thin layer of clouds moving in and quite a bit of lightning to the NW.  Got a red alert for aurora in an email so headed out to check. hope to get a good one of this church yet. :) 

816a.jpg