• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amazon ECHO

I have had the new AMAZON ECHO for about a week now and still working on some of the commands. You will have to search for reviews to find out what I am talking about if you have not seen or heard of the ECHO. IT is a hands free voice activated way of accessing a wealth of information. From news, sports and music from Amazon Prime and in my case Pandora. Sets alarms and timers, acts as a dictionary and will do math problems. While I am waiting for my computer to boot I have already heard the local forecast, checked on the baseball scores and turned on the radio. Really looking forward to see what upgrades are coming.The wife likes that she can now add directly to my to do list by voice, the lost pen trick no longer works. The ECHO has access to my tablet so I can add to a grocery list or do list and pull it up on the tablet to edit.  Can have it pause in the middle of a song and start again hours later or repeat from the beginning. Pretty cool idea even for an old guy like me, I give it a thumbs up..

update

4 month update: I still love it! I have lost count on how my new APS they have added, well over fifty and every week they seem to add more. I hardly turn on my big radio as I listen to almost all my music on the Echo plus get my sports and fantasy football updates. I have bought a second tablet just so I can have it on the desk so I can interface with the Echo even more. One of the features is if you ask it a question it will open a web page on the table to let you dig a little deeper. Pretty cool little tool

Edited by Bobby Bass