• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carps carps CARP

Decided to hit up a north metro river spot yesterday.  I've been whipping up mysterious carp attractants for a while (wife is not happy about it)  and it was time to try them out.

2 rods. 2.5 hours. 

Rod 1: 1 carp 22 inches ( about 8-10 lbs)

Rod 2: Hooked 7 carp. Landed 5 between 10-18lbs. One broke off 30 lb mono, though am pretty sure it hit the rocks.

Was a blast. I was worried that the carp would be in breeding mode and not feeding, but all the fish looked a little skinny. Maybe the breeding is done..?

the way I understand it many common carp breed several times during spring and summer so there's probably always some fish during this time of the year that are between breeding that are feeding

I'm still seeing lots of fat females at Tonka while snorkeling

there's a new very detailed book out on carp biology for fisheries professionals and carp farmers but it costs $100!

would love to get my hands on it- maybe I can get the library to buy one