• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shot selection

Imp. cyl for the Gold? If must be a choke tube. I would go buy a mod.and full for it and start the hunt with the mod.
The other gun you didnt say what it was but it still has a choke. Most likely a full or mod.
I reload my pheasant loads in fact there the same as my turkey loads. 1 3/8 oz. cooper plated 5 shot @1350 fps. in 2 3/4
For you I would look at getting #4,5 or #6 Buffered, cooper plated 1 1/4 to
1 3/8 oz 4 drams eqiv. 2 3/4 if you can afford it. There going to be around 15 bucks a box if you find them. When you start moving lead shot that fast they deform apoun ignition resulting in stray pellets and bad patterns so the buffer and copper plated shot reduces deformed pellets.

If you go with a 3in shell, it will throw more lead but your speed goes way down then.
But if your stuck with an Imp.cyl you may have to go with the 3's. Take a look at your chokes and Im sure you can get a tube for them.

Federal plastic hunting case-40grans bluedot-win 209 primer-rem-sp12 wad-1 1/3 oz. copper plated 5 shot.

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 10-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 10-15-2002).]

I bought a used Browning Gold 12 gauge shotgun, with an improved cyl choke. I also inherited my uncle's fiberglass barrel semi-auto shotgun, with no choke.

I was wondering what your lead shot recommendations for pheasant would be for each gun? I plan to shoot 2 3/4 in both.

One more question - my Browning has a ventilated sight and the fiberglass is directly on the barrel. Is there a difference is shooting?

Good hunting.