• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bird counts looking good?

A friend of mine from west central Mn says we'll have lots of Roosters to chase this fall! Wow! That would be differant (for me anyways)

I don't know if my old Setter is gonna make it another season but we'll try. Anybody else seeing more birds this year?

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

In the Annandale, South Haven, Kimball, Cokato, Howard Lake area I've seen fewer birds this year than last year. Obviously that's no scientific sampling, but especially the backroads I take to South Haven each day to get to my post office box have been a disappointment -- it's good pheasant habitat, but seems woefully lacking in birds.

I head out to a game farm in Menomonie WI that is a little over an hour from St. Paul called Whispering Emerald Ridge Game Farm. I like the folks who run it, and the birds are better than a lot of farm birds.

I'd like to try some in-state pheasant hunting in November/December after the season wears down some. Would anyone care to share "decent" MN counties or CRP/state land to try?

Also, can anyone recommend a north metro or slightly out-state game farm? I've tried one in Elk River, but would like to try another to get my lab (and me) tuned up.