• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX7 not turning on

AlwaysFishing23

My brother bought the lx7 a few weeks ago used it a few times now yesterday we got out there and went to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on cheked all connections every thing was fine held the power button down 2-5 seconds when we got back put it on the charger and tried a few more times and nothing any body know what the problem might be?

I'm guessing that you had a ribbon cable come unplugged on the unit. I had one that was like that right out of the box (then fixed) and it did the same thing on a trip to LOW. The last time I brought it in, they glued it and I haven't had a problem since. If you can't get down to Marcum to get it fixed, I'd just take it apart and see if a cable came unclipped.

Your talking about the cable that plugs into the back of the unit there's two of them and that was the second thing we checked they were lose but we tighten them up and tried agian and still nothing he was going to call marcum today so we will see what they say.

Your talking about the cable that plugs into the back of the unit there's two of them and that was the second thing we checked they were lose but we tighten them up and tried agian and still nothing he was going to call marcum today so we will see what they say.

You did make sure the fuse was good & check the battery also?

Yep battery was fully charged. It did bang around in the sled a few miles so it could be the fuse but my vexiar was banged around in the front of the sled a lot more and it fired right up is it a special kind of fuse on there or could you just pick one up some where?

I just purchased a LX7 lithium shuttle on 1/15 /2020 Took it to LOTW used it Fri the 24th  and it worked fine. After a charge overnight it wouldn't start up Sat. Took it back on 1/27/2020 and they gave me a new one. 2.5hr round trip..  Started up in the store, Got it home installed my settings and saved them. Tried to restart it and it wouldn't. I put a full charge into it (was at 74%) and it started fine. Waited 15 min and it wouldn't restart and still won't. The USB and keys light up so its not the fuse. Any ideas? I am going to return the 2nd unit but now i am gun shy. I loved it while it was running. I have a FLX 28 iv'e used for several years but got this for the wife when she goes.  Any ideas? We are goint to Mille Lacs in 3 days.