• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft TPro 185 Sport

Moses2531

I have been looking at boats all winter and have it narrowed down with the new Tpro as one of my finalists. Wondering about any thoughts there are out there about them? I think its very sleek looking and would work for my fishing needs, couple concerns is the driver's side storage as opposed to the top storage on the passenger side, but I fish with only one other guy alot so I feel like I can access that pretty easily. My only other concern would be the bow with that thicker top gunnel does it feel conjested up there in the 185 model? Thanks!

I have a 185 TPro Sport (older model, not the new style released last year) and I don't find the bow area tight by any means. I like the wide gunnels and it was because of those that I bought this boat vs a Competitor. I like the wide carpeted sides. Mine has the top gunnel storage on both sides which I absolutely love. I think that was a mistake personally that they don't have it on both sides now. I really like these compartments and its amazing the stuff you can fit in there.

Some guys like the layout of the competitor with the deck that essentially wraps the boat, that is nice, but I preferred to have more floor space and the wide sides.

In the bow under the gunnels is a nice place to keep things like buoys, bumpers, ropes, etc that you use a lot, but they stay out of the way, but not in a compartment somewhere that you have to dig through.

There are only a couple things I would change on my boat that the new model has. 1) the front livewell is much smaller now with an additional storage compartment. Mine is an enormous livewell. I don't even use it for that and wish I had a smaller one, with accompanying storage like the new Tpro. 2) the bow lockable storage compartment right in the nose of the boat. Mine doesn't have it, wish it did.

I am not sure why they did it, but the 185 is only like 18'3" now. Mine is 18'11". I like the extra length. If I were to buy one now then I would have to get the 195 and that requires a tandem trailer which means no lifetime license etc. Kind of a downer.

My buddy just bought a COmpetitor Sport. Hasn't used it yet, but its a very nice boat. He likes the narrower sides and had a Navigator Sport before that.

I didnt know they shrunk it. So space wise it is closer to the old 175. My older Tpro 175 measures 17'11". I refer to it as an 18 foot boat. Guess the new Tpro 185 is an 18 footer also.

I love the wide gunnels. Wasn't sure until i used it but wouldn't buy a boat without wide gunnels again.

Seems like plenty of room in the bow on mine. I don't know that i would want two guys throwing musky lure up there but plenty of room for one.

Yeah the new tpro is 18'3" while the 185 dominator is 18'9". The dominator isnt as wide though with a 94" beam vs 97" on the tpro 185.

Not sure on the reasoning behind making it shorter but i have heard this may be the last year for the dominator. There isnt much difference between those two models.

Seems like plenty of room in the bow on mine. I don't know that i would want two guys throwing musky lure up there but plenty of room for one.

We have 97 TP175 and my brother and I (fat guys) can together throw musky lures from the bow no problem. We did build a larger deck (basically plywood reinforced and painted to match) for a raised area at same level as TM, comes back into the deck area a foot or so. Works great and visibility is much better. Don't use it when rough though wink