• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Denver Broncos

Mayfly

I guess I should start by mentioning the biggest move the Broncos made during the off season and that is shipping Clinton Portis off to the Redskins in exchange for Champ Bailey. As good as Portis was in his first two seasons in Denver (1,508 yards in 2002 and 1,591 in 2003), Bailey is the kind of shutdown corner that the Broncos desperately needed. Bailey has not missed a game in all five of his season in the NFL, Bailey has also selected into the Pro Bowl his last three seasons. Bailey is also only 25 years old! This is great for the defense but who will replace Portis?? Portis rushed for 1,508 yds in 2002 and 1,591 yds with 14 TD's in 2003. Those are tough numbers to replace considering the top three backs for the Broncos this year are going to be Garrison Hearst, who rushed for 768 yards last season for the 49ers, Tatum Bell (rookie) who was drafted in the second round, and second-year back Quentin Griffin. Don't forget about full back Mike Anderson, after struggling the past few season look for him to become a force once again possibly. I'm outta time for now, maybe i'll recap and discuss the defense and what to expect for the 2004 season later! To sum it up.....With the additions made on defense, the Broncos still have to be considered one of the favorites in the AFC. Look for the Broncos in the playoffs and don't count them out of the bowl either!

Rick, you should have included the Chiefs. They will be hard to beat this year.

Chiefs have more than the Broncos. 6-7 All Pros on offense and a few on defense. New Defensive Coordinator and the players are looking forward to playing for him. Last years coordinator had to fancy a defense. Sometimes you have to just go out and hit someone!!

Denver will struggle to make the playoffs. They will finish second or third in their division.

Denvers defense should be better but c'mon.. there is no way the offensive will be that good without Portis.. an aging and ineffective Rod Smith, Eddie "I'm always hurt" McCaffrey and Ashley "MY name is girly" Lelie who has the dropsies! Didn't the horseface TE also retire? Jake Plummer is never going to be the answer anywhere....
They are going nowhere... sorry about the negativity... just breakin' it down like I see it guys.