• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can am outlander vs. Yamaha grizzly

Judge97

I tried a search but didnt come up with anything. Looking for someone who has experience on both the can am and yamaha.

Currently my dad has a 2008 can am 650 xt. Power is unbelievable. Starts up on the cold no matter what. pulls a 6.5x12 anywhere we want to go. We are just looking to get a second one. Problem is its hard to find a good 500 or 650 for a reasonable price.

A buddy of mine has a grizzly 660. Seems to have plenty of power but definately struggles more in the pulling department. And also is very cold blooded. Not sure of the year and if its efi or not. I would assume it is. Grizzlys seem easier to find and more resonably priced, but is the quality as close?

Just looking to see if anybody has rode both and what there thoughts were between the two. Its basically only going to be uses for plowing snow and pulling the house for early ice. Thanks for any info guys

Have had a Can Am (Bombardier) but not a Yamaha.

Can Ams have been known for weaker frames in the earlier rendition of the SST, overheating and some electrical issues.

I want to say the 660 Grizz was carbureted. 1st year models broke a lot of axles.

Best bang for the buck, a Grizz will give you what you need. You should be able to find a good used 700 EFI Grizz.

I have an 05 660 Grizzly. There are no fuel injected 660 grizzlys, gotta either a 700 or 550 for that. The first year 660 grizzlys (02) had weak axles. 02s and 03s had over heating problems but there was a recall to fix that. A stock 660 will run with a 500 outlander but not even close to a 650 outlander.

If I where you I would pay more for a Outlander. My next wheeler will be one.