• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LLWS- Chicago Team Stripped of US Title

dfv87

It has been found out that the Chicago team that won the US championship violated rules and used ineligible players, and have been stripped of their title. The argument back from the parents is.... wait for it... "How come we were the only team investigated?" NOT "We did not violate the rules...". They do not deny they used ineligible players (CASE CLOSED), they want the kids to be able to keep their championship because they "earned it". Well while I really feel bad for those players and parents that did not know (I will give them the benefit of the doubt)... I also feel bad for all the teams they ELIMINATED, that played under the rules of the game and used only players that they were allowed to use. Imagine if you were them and this was a once in a life time group of kids playing together having a magical run to the LLWS and you lost a close game (ie Rhode Island) by a single run when if you had 1 or 2 more really good players (from another league) that could have pushed you over the top and maybe won it all. They cannot be allowed to keep the championship, it would undermine all credibility of LL and following the rules. It would make the ends justify the means. I feel bad for the kids but not the decision.

Just read another "I feel bad for..." on another site in this mess. How would you like to be the last few kids CUT from that Chicago team so they could bring in those ringers. They took away your shot at every LL ball players dream... LLWS. If they were good enough to win it maybe they could have won it fairly also. Just Sad.

And now you have that parasite Jessie Jackson appearing making sure it wasn't race related, and of course you have a prominent Chicago attorney representing the team in a lawsuit for unjust punishment. Just keep on enabling and teach these kids no accountability, great job coaches!