• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cost of swapping a 115 for 150??

-Marc V-

For the top speed of a 150 on that boat I'm just going off what others have said in forums who own one, and what I was told from the previous owner of the boat I got with the 115. I'll check out boat test to see whTs there. Thanks!

I looked on the Mercury site. On the 115 4 stroke they had tested a Lund 1775 impact. top speed was 44.5 at 5680 rpm. Optimum cruise was 25 mph and 6.9 mpg. at 40 mph it got 4.5 mpg.

The 150 was tested on a 1775 crossover. Top speed was 50.0 mph at 5800.

Cruise ranged from 23.5 mph and 6.5 mpg to 45 mph and 4.2 mpg. At 41 mph it got 4.7 mpg.

The other outboard sites probably have similar tests.

Cool, thanks! I'm guessing a Lund Impact is a little liter of a boat so if it's getting around 4.2-4.5 gph at 40 I'd get around 36-38 mph around that same gph rate. Not sure it'd be all that dramatic of an increase in performance to go to a 150 to cruise about 40 at about the same gph.

I'll see what she's like on the water. Will probably be fine. And might not be worth the extra cost.