• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip Ups Brands

WalleyeSlayer21

I've heard that those box tip ups work great for panfish. The best I have is an older HT that just happens to be extra smooth. I have had dozens, and this one just happens to be better than the rest. I have it rigged up for walleye, but once in a while I'll put crappie minnows on it and have some fun with perch.

-Tom

If you're talking boxes the only way to go is to use the hotbed,I use it all the time and like they said earlier catch crappies while fishing for walleyes, so I see no reason you couldn't rig for Panfiss,super light bite set up.I won't use an thing else check them out they are also heated.

If you guys want to try a cheaper option, try the HT Ice Rigger. I haven't tried mine for panfish yet but the tension set is infinitely variable and you get to use whatever fishing pole you want on it. It can't hurt for under $20, and if it doesn't work, you'll like them for your other tip up needs.

It's best to use hole covers with them though if temps are cold - as with most other tip ups.

I'd take a look at Tip Downs like B-man mentioned. The last couple ice seasons I've been using them quite a bit while crappie fishing. I hole hop a lot so a tip down is the best way for me to keep an eye on and utilize my second line without having to be sitting next to it.