• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

replacement hubs for ground blind

Boar

I have a trutimber 5 hub style blind, if not properly achored the wind can certainly wreak havock on these things, I have one to two hubs where the rods afix to the center point of the expansion hub giving it its sturdiness. the poles enter a seat capsule that rotates with in the hub center point, ive a couple broken ones due to wind damgage, are these thing replace able, I can see that theyare easy to take off the tent it self, but are they replaceable or are they replacemnt pole systems or just better to buy a new blind?

You said "hubs", but it's really just the poles that are broke? They are easily replaceable. Some are easy to fix.

There's a screw on a cover over the hub, remove that and the "ball" portion of the poles will come out. At this point, some can be fixed. If the broken part of the pole can be removed from the ball, you may be able to just clean up the end of the pole with a file or sandpaper and glue it back into the ball. If the poles are broken more in the middle and fixing them leaves them too short, you can use the fiberglass rods used for driveway markers, available at any home store. If it's beyond that, or you just can't get it out, replacement poles are available from most any manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Nope, done the pole thing. The hub is broke one of the knuckes or ballas yu call it.

Now I'm confused, because the "knuckle", or "ball" is part of the pole, not the hub. Need more info.

lol, Your right and Im right, the pole seats into ball/knuckle but is more of the component of the hub than the pole the way I look at it. Ive snaped poles off and had to drill out the pole fragments to reseat the pole. i guesse there two way to look at it. cause if you open the hub by dissaembling it by the nut/ screw, then the pole and ball/knuckle are one component. I see how your looking at it cause the pole an bal/knuckle are affixed the seated intot eh hub and assembled. Ive butsed off one of the ball/knuckles, theres two little points molded on the ball that allows it to rotate in the hub, given that the ball just falls out of the hub. sorry to confuse

The only way to know if you can repair is to contact the company and find out if they offer replacement parts.

The reason everyone is being specific about the poles/hubs is because on the DOuble Bull Blinds, the "ball" that fits to the end of the pole and pivots inside the hub is a seperate piece altogether. When you ask for replacement parts, you only need the pole ends because they are aa press fit on the end of the poles. In fact if you order new poles from them, they come without balls on the ends.

The only reason everyone mentions the DB blinds is because they were the pioneers of the hub system and continue to still be one of the best designs out there. I'm not sure if their design would work in your blind. It might be worth looking into. You may be able to borrow parts form a different company if they work similarly and attach to the fabric in the same way.