• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Foam for new ice castle bed

Coldwater Crappie Guy

Imhavijg a king bed made in fargo for myself. I talked them abiut the same issue. They said give us tue demensiins and we can take some scrape foam from beds they get in for desposal and make one to my specs. Very cheap thay said. This is beds by design in fargo but yu could try mattress factory and other places to.

Are these matresses supplied to Ice Castle by Clarkfield Outdoors?

I've tried to get the foam specs from CO but they answer all my questions but the foam specs. The prices are reasonable but I'd like to know what I am getting before I order.

Is anyone using memory foam (3" or 4") by itself as a dual purpose seating and sleeping? I'm concerned that memory foam might be too soft for seating. Would it be better to use 2" to 3" medium to firm upholstery foam with a 1" to 2" memory topper?

Have a Salem RD with Dinette bed, Jackknife couch, and fold down bunk. I have added to each a 2 inch memory foam pads that I put on top of the cushions. Substantially changes the comfort level. The couch and fold down bunk uses XL twin size and I use a full size pad for the dinette. The pads stash away nice and are out of the way. They are not cheap as the twin pads were about $75 and the Full size was over $80 but well worth it.

Is anyone using memory foam (3" or 4") by itself as a dual purpose seating and sleeping? I'm concerned that memory foam might be too soft for seating. Would it be better to use 2" to 3" medium to firm upholstery foam with a 1" to 2" memory topper?

I am using the 3" HD36 from Foam Factory. It is much more dense than the Ice Castle cushions. Paid $244 for 10 cushions.

Thanks LRG, that is the type of answer I was hoping for. I am already planning on ordering from foam factory, just not sure what type to order. Is your the HD36 regular or the HD36 HQ? Is it firm enough for seating that you don't sink all the way through? I was actually thinking about going with the Lux regular. Thanks all for your input.

I went with the 4 inch HQ. I agree with LRG in that it may be a little on the firm side but it is definitely high quality stuff you'll probably not find at a sewing store. The HQ is about 15-20% higher in price but by LRG's post I have to believe they are close to the same in actual use. I would probably do 3 inch if I did it again. You won't bottom out, it's quality foam. The description is the same except for the density, which I have no idea of what that means in real life.

HD36 Regular

DENSITY: 1.8 PCF

COMPRESSION: 35LB

MEDIUM FIRMNESS

VERY RESILIENT

TECH SPECS

Suggestion: For people who want a balance of soft comfort and firm support while sleeping, our HD36 Regular foam is the best of both worlds, in a resilient, long-lasting product. These standard mattress sizes come in thicknesses of 1 to 6 inches, in whole increments, to give you a mattress or topper as thick or as thin as you would like.

HD HQ

DENSITY: 2.8 PCF

COMPRESSION: 35LB

MEDIUM FIRMNESS

EXTREMELY RESILIENT

TECH SPECS

Suggestion: For people who want a balance of soft comfort and firm support while sleeping, our HD36 High Quality foam is the best of both worlds, in an extremely resilient, long-lasting product. These standard mattress sizes come in thicknesses of 1 to 6 inches, in whole increments, to give you a mattress or topper as thick or as thin as you would like.