• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad smell from one faucet???

outdoors247

I have one faucet in my master bedroom bath that has some very foul smelling water. The weird thing is that it's just the one faucet. The other two faucets on that floor (main bath & kitchen) are fine and have no smell to the water. I've put some time into it and know it's not coming from the drain. I have left it alone for a couple days and smelt the drain area and nothing as far as smells. As soon as I turn on the water it comes back. I put my nose right up to the water stream and it's more intense.

I've tried putting some backing soda followed by vinegar to see it there could be an obstruction in the drain but nothing. The water goes down the drain quickly and it doesn't appear like they is any backup. I did this because a few internet searches pointed me to a drain problem. Is it possible that there could still be a problem with the drain even though there is no drainage problems. This has me a little perplexed so I though tI would ask if anyone else on here may have had the same issue.

Thanks!

Is it a preform sink? Check the overflow. The little hole up high on the sink. I have found that smells like to come back up those. Pull the plunge plug and you will see a bunch of goo under there. Just under the seal on the plunger will be holes on the side of the drain pipe that lets water come into the drain from the overflow. Use a spray bottle with soapy water to clean the best you can.