• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley youth hunt

rocky

Does anyone know when they have the results for the ripley youth hunt. My daughter has peference as she did not get drawn last year. If drawn, where do they allow you to hunt? Are you only able to hunt certain areas. Do they allow any scouting? Thanks

Hi rocky. Ive never heard of anyone needing preference points for the youth hunt. Yes there is a certain area you can hunt but its a huge area and plenty of room for everyone. My son must have been lucky because we went all four years he signed up. Yes go to the first orientation meeting of the three or four they offer on the Friday before the hunt and that will give you all day to scout and set stands. To be honest you would be fine going to the second or third meeting as there is plenty of great places to hunt. I'm really sad this year as my boy is too old and we are both very bumbed we wont be going this year Its well run by all the volenteers they have and really just a great father son/daughter experience. If anyone is close to cottage grove I have a detailed map of the grounds that a budddy at work gave me from Gaurds as well as the map you can purchase there if anyone wants to stop over and grab it. Good luck to all those attending

Should see something soon. Usually the upper half is open for the youth hunt wich is a big area for the amount of youth hunters. After the orientation you have the rest of the day to scout and set up stands. I have 2 boys applying this year and one of them applied and got drawn last year and got a deer.

One of the boys got a letter from the DNR yesterday as he was drawn for the main 2nd hunt as he applied for my group.