• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pigs...

sami0115

does anyone have an opinion regarding what to use for the pig when jigging... i heard that the only way to go is Uncle Josh because the bass will drop a jig with plastic on it sooner than a pork product..

I also use the Zoom super chunks. For me they work great. Pork is just too big of a pain to work with. I do think pork is a little better, so if I know I'm going to be working a jig all day long, I may put one on.

Also, here's a tip to try with your Zoom chunks. Take a scissors and split the two legs in half, cutting them from the tip up to the body. Instead of having two legs, it will now look like 4 tentacles. Just a little added action can make the difference.
------------------
GIT-R-Done!

[This message has been edited by Coach Dog (edited 03-16-2004).]

I fish a jig and pig quite a bit and have notused a hunk of pork in quite a while. There are just too many options and color combinations in plastic to even think about pork and without any of the hasle of pork. I think that plastic has as good an action if not better in all water.. cold or warm...

I fish with pork most of the time when fishing a jig. I like porks durability. I also think that a good used piece of pork looks and feels alot more realistic than a plastic chunk. True, pork can be a pain and I have definately had my share of dried chunks. I think that the work is worth the effort in the end.