• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remington Nylon 77

Had an issue with the clip feeding shells into this rifle. Have not shot it for maybe 20 years plus. Took it out of the gun cabinet and read up a little on the feeding issue.

After tweaking the clip holder so the shells would load after the first shot, it is back to one of the fastest firing 22 caliber semi auto's ever made.

Blew through a box plus of shells as it was so much fun shooting this rifle again.

Forgot how fast this semi auto rifle shoots.

Nice to having it shot like it was made to.

Yes, it is worth a few dollars more than the $69 I paid for it. In fact, I have the original box and paperwork with instructions with it also, which makes it of even more value. I have seen them selling for over a grand with the original box and papers, that's the highest I have seen them sell for, tempting at times but I really like the gun even though I do not use it hardly at all. maybe my granddaughter will use it as it is so light in weight.

The gun is in mint condition but I would never sell it, cool little rifle.

I have also seen them for sale and have sold for under $300 but I do not know what condition they were in. The receiver plate likes to get bad if not taken care of.

Color really dictates the collectability on the wonderful guns. the standard are worth a few dollars but the colored ones are more sought after

Quote:
Nylon 66MB - Mohawk Brown, 1959-1987 (Brown stock, blue steel receiver/barrel)

Nylon 66GS - Gallery Special 1962-1981 (22 short only, Brown stock, blue steel receiver/barrel) Shell deflector. Counter cable attachment on bottom of stock. A few were known to have been Apache Black.

Nylon 66SG - Seneca Green, 1959-1962 (dark green stock, blue steel receiver/barrel) 42,500 made

Nylon 66AB - Apache Black, 1962-1984 (Black stock, chrome receiver & barrel) 221,000 made.

Nylon 66BD - Black Diamond 1978-1987 (Black stock, blue 19012-473710. These 1967-68 serial numbers were located on the bottom of the barrel about 3" back from the muzzle.

BTW Harvey Lee its not a clip its a magazine. grin

Magazine it is then Gordie wink Guess I have called them clip's all of my life along with many friends.

I have a Mohawk brown and a Seneca green. The Seneca Green is mint but no box or paperwork. The Mohawk I have it all. I believe the Seneca green is worth a bit more as they produced so few. The green is butt ugly in my eyes but still worth some dollars. The Apache black I think is the nicest looking.

Personally I like the tube feed better than the mag style as this rifle shoots so fast, 10 rounds do not last long at all.

The bolt pulls like to or can break and I found a deal on them for $6 each so I bought 3 of them along with 4 extra 10 round clips. I would guess one day, these extra parts could be hard to find, at least the original parts, not the aftermarket.

One thing I enjoy about these rifles is they shoot so fast for a semi auto. If they would have made a rifle in .223, now that would be one heck of a coyote gun, one could really spray the lead out there with a tracer every few rounds.

After Remington quit making these rifles, a country I believe in South America started making them and one has to be careful not to end up with one of those for a good deal as they would not be. Still fun to shoot though.