• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suzuki 140 vibration

deerhunter

I just bought a Alumicraft Dominator with a 140 Suzuki I love this boat but it vibrates just when I put it in gear to troll the windshield vibrates the steering wheel its so bad I have to take off the trolling motor but as soon as I give it a little more gas its gone also if I put it in reverse it doesn't vibrate at all. I brought it back and they tried a new prop and changed the plugs but it still does it so they called Suzuki and they said I new to get 10 hours on it and drive like I'm pulling someone tubing but it still does it. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks

Was this a new boat/motor? I have a 150 Suzuki though its not the same block that is absolutely NOT normal. Mine is so quiet that I have forgotten it was running when I started using the trolling motor multiple times. Once I even loaded it on the trailer with it running and pulled it from the lake.

I have a Suzuki 140. It has never done anything that could be construed as vibrate or make noise at idle. Or abnormally at any other speed.

It doesn't need break in to not vibrate at idle. It needs to be fixed. Sounds like the dealer is maybe trying to blow a little smoke to stall you a while for reasons unknown.

And I have cable steering on my boat.

Deerhunter, you have a problem. Get back to your dealer ASAP and get him involved. Suzuki's are on of the smoothest running and quietest engines out there/

Do not tolerate this one more day.

Might be dropping a cylinder at low rpm, picks it up again when you come off of idle, could be injector, spark plug, high voltage plug wire, coil, computer, hanging valve (4-Stroke only), low compression. heck it could be allot of things.

At least dealer called in the big guns.

It will be interesting what the problem ends up being.

Mark

Yes; as an old time Suzuki guy I TOO would like to hear the outcome of your dilemma. Have had a batch of Suzuki's and never the smallest problem with ANY of them so my impression is you simply got an engine with a serious factory problem OR some "master mechanic" got in there early and did something while they were rigging your boat.

Interesting. Well, you heard the man beat the another out of it! I'm sure they will tear that sucker apart and find out what went awry. Seems you will be taken care of still sucks it happened. First I have heard of this or any significant issue with one.

Okay. As I suspected: manufacturing flaw. Danged rare for Suzuki's I'll say that. But they are obviously standing behind it 100% and making sure you are happy.

Things happen sometimes; but this one will work out okay.