• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bass Pro Shops Catalog

Coach Dog

Sorry Buzzer but I totally disagree with your backwards assesment of the way economics work and businesses are run. The Mega Stores force the little guy to get better, get out or be diversified like my two local bait shops are; one is a hardware store and one is a grocery store and both are located in the middle of nowhere.

As a consumer it is not my job or my concern that a retail outlet stay in business. They are nothing more than middle men and they owe me more than I owe them. As a consumer you pay their paycheck and a fair price is the lowest price.

Personally I am now buying a lot of my fishing equipment on hsolist at the moment. Great selection and the occasional steal.

Well put Basspastor. "Survival of the Fittest". Bass Pro hasn't always been the big company it currently is. Good 'ol Johnny Morris started this business out his garage I believe. He found his niche and ran with it, the rest is history.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

basspastor

Backwards assessment of the way economics work and businesses are run? Perhaps you are the one that is backwards. I have seen people like you come into my store and think the world owes them something,As you stated. Why do you think anyone owes you? I bet you have led your whole life with that attitude. It's to bad that people like you even fish.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

It figures that Buzzer's attitude would come from the fact that he is a little fish in a world that needs the big fish as much and maybe more so than him.

The reason the big boys can undercut the little guys is because they are a better deal to the businesses that manufacture and make things whether they be large or small. They can buy 100,000 Rapala's to the little shops 50to100. Worse for guys like you Buzzer is the internet which now allows yet another avenue for a consumer to cut past retail middlemen. If it wasn't for these things we would have less quality, selection, far higher prices and a far lower standard of living.

Yet all is not lost for Buzzer because there is a place for convience and service. Just don't expect to get rich on those things in global economy unless you are willing to expand and adapt.

BTW if I am a consumer and you are a business, than it is you who has an obligation to me or I am going elsewhere. A consumer should have a sense of entitlement before they make the decision to purchase something with their money. The customer is and should be king.

[This message has been edited by Basspastor (edited 01-29-2004).]

11 days and counting until I get to hit the bass pro shops near chicago!! When I lived in Houston I'd hit the BPS in Katy about once a month. The girlfriend and I are hitting the chicago auto show, then hitting bass pro shops on the way back, all on Valentine's day. Talk about romantic!!!

Well I'm back from the pilgramage to bass pro shops. We were way behind schedule so I could only spend about 20 minutes in there, but still spent $200 pretty easily. They have a special in their catalog on the IM-8 Bionic Blade graphite rods for buy 2, get one free. They were $80 for the "special", noticed today they're online for $50 each. The people in the store didn't seem to know anything about the catalog specials, and the manager was very rude to the cashier. Overall I was not impressed at all. Lots of selection, decent price, bad service. I'm sticking with Gander Mountain, or better yet, the local bait shop.