• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bass Pro Shops Catalog

Coach Dog

I received my new Bass Pro Shops catalog last week!! That thing is huge. I think it's over 750 pages! Lots of great new stuff. I'm already putting an order together.
Whoever got the bass forum going again, thanks a lot! What were you thinking? wink.gif LOL It's not even January and all I think about is bass, bass, and more bass. This is going to be a very long winter frown.gif

Coach Dog

guys--

i got my catalog on the 27th of december--i was so pumped up that i actually planned a trip to chicago a few days later and went to the bass pro shops there...it was a good trip, it only took about 5 1/2 hours but was well worth it. They were clearancing a bunch of rods, reels and lures, plus i was able to look at and check out some products that i may purchase later this winter or spring.....i only spent $150, but saved about $400 on the purchases that i made!!! So if you have some severe spring fever, and want to get a couple of buddies together for a small road trip, i would recommend it!!! Personally i think it is was a lot better than cablea's----but that may be me!!!

check it out!!!! fisher98

I'm going down to Chicago for a long weekend 16-19th and I'm already making plans to stop in at the Bass Pro grin.gif!!!! I used to live in Milwaukee and went there once or twice a month to stock up when it first opened up down there and I'm looking forward to getting back down there. Now if I could only convince my wife to expand my spending budget wink.gif.

LOL. Good to see that you guys are still hangin' around on FM. Haven't seen too many posts from hawgtide lately, and ebass...well he is always posting about anything and nothing all at the same time wink.gif. LOL.

Yep...don't think the boat is going to happen just yet, but I'm definitely keeping my hopes up! I'll be sure to check out the boats down in Chi-town. But I doubt I'll be able to pull a boat back in my little jetta! LOL.

Yep, I haven't been on here much in the last 2 months. I have to quit cold turkey or it's just too painful.

Santa Claus brought me a new Reel and Rod, so that got my mind back on fishing, Dang it!

Oh well, back to hibernation before I start shaking again. Until warmer weather...

We have talked about the smallie magnet trophy, but no official trophy has been made yet. But I think that might be one of the first orders of business to take care of before the smallie magnet tourney. Any suggestions for a trophy?

Fisher... the smallie magnet tourney is a long story in the making (if you want to read about all of it, look into the metro forum a few pages back and look for "smallies on ole' miss" thread - all 13-15 pages...). Basically someone (aka EBASS) started calling me the "smallie magnet" and after like 300+ posts on the smallies on ole miss thread all of us that posted often on the smallies thread all decided to throw together a "smallie magnet tourney" to determine who is the real smallie magnet. We are going to try and put one together down on Lake Pepin (pool 4) for early spring bass or wait until bass opener and have it on the 'sippi around coon rapids/anoka stretch. Basically it's going to be a tourney based on length of the bass (digital cameras to prove it). To the winner will go the smallie magnet tourney trophy and as Hawgtide requested a 12-pack wink.gif.

LOL on the rip BigMike (about posting)!!

Ah yes the Smallie Magent Tourney. We dream about it on these long cold winter nights. Big Mike summed it up. Just a few of us FM'ers that love Smallies and BigMike seems to always catch the biggun. So were just going to see who the real Smallie Magent is. It's still probably BigMike but we all want a fighting chance!

As far as I know we have:
BigMike (of course)
BigLakeBa$$ (Dayton is his back yard)
HawgTide (his back yard to)
Dan Wood (I think right?)
Am I missing anyone? Oh yeah me. There maybe others, but it's pretty much for fun and bragging rights and did someone mention a 12 pack?

Well, actually Monticello is my back yard these days. But I don't fish there cuz I don't want to destroy my boat.

Speaking of boat.......
Is Big Mike fishing from shore in the Smallie Magnet Classic?

Wow, we have really strayed from the subject matter here. When smallies come up, how can you not stray, huh?

Smallie Magnet Classic... I like the sounds of that. And whoever said anything about me fishing from shore, I'm bummin' a ride with one of you guys grin.gif! Besides, you guys would want me in your boat so I can show you how it's done. j/k LOL!!! I can't wait for bass season to get here already!

Having to wait for so long sure does stink. Although my wife has been spoiled so far this winter, which = lots of bonus points for me to use come bass season!

I'm pumped for this season! This will be the first season I have a boat!! Too bad she's going in the shop here soon. But she's gotta run smooth this year. C'mon tax return!

Hey Biglakeba$$, maybe we can get a Largie Classic on Medicine to! I did get a 21.5" or 21.25" (shaking as I taped her) there in the early fall.

I'd love to try several Classics this coming summer.
Trouble is getting the time to do all those, and keeping the fishing league in tune.
I have to pre-fish at least one night before my actual league night. Preferrably pre-fish a couple nights. Then off to the parents cabin every weekend possible.
That leaves me with a couple evenings free.
I guess I could sell the house and move the family into an RV.
Trapper Mark BLB
Oh, I am sure wecan pull something together. There has to be an evening or ten available next summer.

EBass -

Congrats on the boat but I will remind you of the old pearl of wisdom that was shared with me when I got mine:

"The two best days in a boat-owners life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it"

Daze Off

While you guys are hanging in the cold, I'm going to be down to chicago's bps to stock up. The smallie magnet has to be prepared for whatever the "magnet classic" throws at me. I finally got my bps catelogue yesterday and I thought I died and went to heaven! Perfect timing right before I go down to chicago!

I was just looking through and couldn't believe it. Did any of you see that new baitcasting reel by Shimano: the Calcutta TE-DC for like $500. I would never spend cash like that on a reel, but I couldn't help but read about it...it's digital. It collects the electromagnetic energy created in free spool and uses it to run the digital braking system which eliminates any and all backlash! Very cool, but think about it...it's taking the thinking out of casting - basically a computer aided reel. Unbelievable.

Next thing you know, all you'll have to do is push a button and your reel/rod will have laser guided precision to the spot you want to cast to. LOL!

It's a sad thing indeed to read about all the excitement over a Mega-stores catalog. All they want from you is your money. I think about all the small tackle shops struggling to survive and compete with them. I will bet a lot of you when you travel to unknown areas stop at these shops to get advice on the local fishing areas. Try that at bass pro shops. There is nothing that is in the Mega-stores catalog that if not available from the small stores that they can't order for you. I know you may pay a little more but it's sad to see the small shops disappear in the years to come because of this. I for one will miss the small tackle and bait shops we have enjoyed for many years.

------------------
Fishin's the fun part catchin them is a bonus!
((TIP) "Turn In Poachers"
1-800-652-9093
24 Hours a Day_365 Days a Year

Hey, I work hard for my money, ok, I work for my money. And if the local bait shop wants to sell 5 Raps for a total of $37.50 vs the big box stores price of $22.50 for the same lures more power to them but I know where I'm spending my money.

Jeez Basspastor, I agree with ya on this subject and the keeping crappie thread. Maybe we don't have to bump heads all the time. wink.gif I'll see ya in Fantasy Bass, ya might be kicking yourself after letting everybody know about it though, we talked a co-worker into doing the fantasy walleye thing two years ago and he placed 2nd nationally and got a $200 BPS gift certificate! Talk about beginners luck!

There will always be a need for a local baitshop. Anywhere there is fishing, there will be a local baitshop somewhere. Fishing = live bait for a lot of people. There is a supply and demand for these kinds of stores.

I was just down at the bass pro shop in chicago, and you just can't compare a local shop to bass pro. Most of the local baitshops I've been in have great service, but lack a good supply and selection of gear and lures (not to mention they cost more)! Bass pro on the other hand, it's point and click and you have EXACTLY what you need and want in a couple days (just as fast as ordering through a local shop and for cheaper).

If you get upset with bass pro, why not other stores like galyans, gander mnt. etc...