• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Simple dumb question.... I have Round-up and Liberty in the concentrate but the labels are worn off. I cant for the life of me remember what to mix round-up/water ratio? I know 1.5 qts per acre for roundup and 28 oz/acre for thew liberty... but can I put 1.5 qts in with 16 gallons of water or is that too strong?

Thanks for any help!

The water is just a carrier. How much your sprayer puts out is the variable. In other words if you are doing an acre, you put 1.5 qts in your sprayer. If you add 16 gallons of water and spray the acre and you still have 4 gallons left, you need to reduce your water to 12 gallons for one pass spray. If you run short with 16 gallons and have 20% of the field yet to do, you'd need to increase water to about 19 gallons. The amount of round up per acre does not vary... Always 1.5 qts per acre, the amount of water will vary to get your application correct... And that is based on your sprayer rate, nozzles, flow etc. In theory, you can spray the 1.5 qts per acre without water if you had a sprayer capable of doing so, which that is not possible, but again it would still be the 1.5 qts per acre. The water is not to dillute it, just to provide 'filler' to get the right amount coming put of the sprayer.

Good Luck!

Ken

We have a one acre food plot. I used straight water the 1st time to see how much water was needed for one acre on a single pass with the sprayer. From that I can now extrapolate how much water/herbicide is needed to mix per food plot by the acres of the plot.

Certain weeds will require more roundup to knock hem back, but my gallons of water will not change based on the acreage I. Am going to spray.... only the amount of roundup. If we are doing a chem. burn down to renovate a plot, I will do 50% more glyso to make sure we have a complete kill.

Good Luck!

Ken

I have my sprayer calibrated to use 20 gallons of water per acre.

fill it twice and it covers my 6 acres perfectly.

One thing I recently was told was to add Activator 90 to the mix at a rate of 1 pint per 100 gallons of water.

Activator 90 is additional surfactant and can help if the weeds are large, under stress or are tougher to kill species. We typically recommend it in those circumstances for weed control in field crops. Most of the time a fully loaded glyphosate contains enough surfactant so additional is unnecessary. We always recommend some ammonium form nitrogen such as dry spray grade ammonium sulfate. It's typically used to alleviate any problems with hard water which can tie up the glyphosate and blunt its efficacy. It is added at 17 lbs./100 gals of spray solution so in 20 gals. you'd use 3.4 lbs. There are also liquids which will accomplish the same thing but the gold standard is still spray grade ammonium sulfate.