• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

college student trying to stay connected.

tbz

Hey y'all. I am a fairly new trout fisher that has some experience in both spinning and fly fishing. Since moving to the University of Minnesota, I haven't had much of a chance to get any trout fishing in. Do any of you guys know of any good spots close to the metro area in either MN or WI? Ive read the DNR literature, but for a student working part time I dont really have the time to try and figure out which spots are actually legit. I don't expect anyone to reveal their "honey hole" but any general advice on streams that offer above average fishing would be great.

Kinninnickic River in River Falls. Easy access and full of trout. Willow River on the outskirts of Hudson has easy access also, but you need a state park sticker to park at all the spots. Either spot you can get to in 30 minutes from campus.