• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Breaker size for trolling motor

I recently purchased a used 50# power drive and need to know what size fuse/breaker I should install. The length of wire from the trolling motor to the battery is around 10', the wire size is 8 gauge.

I'm thinking a 40 AMP should be fine, but not 100% sure. does anyone out there have this trolling motor? if so what are you using?

Thanks

My Minn Kota PowerDrive 45pd will trip a 40A breaker if I'm using it at full power in a strong wind and operating the steering.

If your 50# is 24v, it'll use a lot less current than the 12v model like mine.

Where are you finding 60 amp fuses that fit into the TM wire fuse holder? Car stores don't have them. They told me to try Radio Shack. Best I could find there were 40 amp ones. Am going to look on-line but have not got around to it.

Where are you finding 60 amp fuses that fit into the TM wire fuse holder? Car stores don't have them. They told me to try Radio Shack. Best I could find there were 40 amp ones. Am going to look on-line but have not got around to it.

you can find $6-7 ones at rogers/Owatonna locations, ive also gotten at H2Outfitters (big lake marine shop)

We found a place on the big river or the bay websites where one can get a handful for the price of 1 elsewhere.The fuseholder we used the last time takes the fuses the look like the ones in the dash or in the main fusebox under the hood of your car.