• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor News Bass Basher "Gary Clancy"

Smallie

If you have not read the outdoor news last months or the month before you need to read what this fella had to say.

The guy should be fired from his job that for **** sure. He got the address listed where he states you can send the hate articles to!!!

This guy seems really stuck on himself and in my opinon doesn't know a **** thing about bass fishing. I don't know if they have a HSOforum if you cant get the paper, maybe try like outdoornews.com??

Let me know what you think of this fella with an attitude. Man I just cant believe that they would even print something like that.

I like to fish everything and don't bash on other fisherman for what they like to fish.

I hear it alot working at sporting goods store about catching sand carp ect... It's to bad that they allow a jerk like that to write forumns.

I was really upset about this narrow minded stuck on himseld attitude, as am sure you will be to send them an email or letter.

I beleive that makes outdoor news look just as bad for letting dump like that get out, and mislead information.

I saw that as well. I was really surprised that they printed it as well.
He even wrote that the only reason he did the article, was because the editor wanted him to do something on bass.

It wasn't anything terrible, but it sure was a surprise to read his arrogant opinion.
I rarely read Joe Fellegy because of his goofy ideas, and now Clancy has to go that direction too.

I'll strongly disagree with you about most writers just tagging along on someone else's trip. I think for the most part, outdoor writers are very knowledgeable about many of the topics they write about. Of course, when you are a writer you talk to a wide variety of people over and over. If a guy does a bunch of stories on a subject, he/she learns a lot about that subject. In order to do a story, and do a thorough job, you have to go on someone else's trip.
But most outdoor writers also do their own fishing and have their own expertise. But, as a writer, if you only write about your expertise, you are in trouble. That's why writers tag along with the experts.

I wish I had the article so I could post it but I don't sorry.

If they want to do a bass article have somebody do it that is going have a positive affect and attitude.

I'm sure he is a nice go out fishing but I would want to listen to him wine out bass fishing like he had about writing that article.

I read it also and thought it was pretty lame, wierd that they published an article in their big bass issue about how he does not really enjoy bass fishing.

Lets get him that S.O.B. I am camping out at his house until he resigns.

Fishman,

Are you a writer? I don't disagree about the fact that most outdoors writers are competent outdoorsman. I just have great respect for the guys that write honestly about their experiences. I believe these articles contain more usable information than storytelling.

You guys aren't really serious about boycotting the Outdoor News because one guy doesn't like bass fishing, are you? You bass guys (I guess I could include myself in that group) are more sensitive than the muskie troop. smile.gif

Here is how I look at this article.

The guy had written an article and then was told he needed to write about bass. He is not a bass fisherman and doesn't even care about bass.....at least he didn't write some typical lame bass how-to article that these magazines always have. You know the ones..use a spinnerbait or worm in the reeds or if that doesn't work try the docks or weedlines. Those how-to articles are usually so lame they are not worth the ink they used to print it.

All in all I thought it was a funny article.

I believe that article was done with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. No where in that article does he say he's a bass expert.

I also don't see the stuck on himself attitude. I know several guys that have been on trips with Gary and say he is one of the nicest guys around.

I also think he is one of the most knowledgable writers when it comes to turkey and whitetail hunting. Probably, because he actually does it. Most writers just tag along on someone elses trip.

My $.02.

Hey I like the humor out of you. Ready for Denny's this weekend. Give me a call when your up well go have a cold one.

There is some humor with that article why you would write something like that I guess.

He probably is a good writer and person but have someone else write that is positive towards a subject and maybe can add better detail.

He had great detail on why he doesnt like bass fishing and so forth.