• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neuropathy

minnleu

Anybody else dealing with it? Pretty bad in my left foot working up to the knee and now getting worse in the right foot. PT, spine surgery, cortisone injections, heavy meds and other stuff with no relief. Just lost my job and working on getting disability but seeking all options. Wondering what others do for work, relief and how they deal with it.

Thanks

Tony

I'm going through testing right now for Neuropathy. Mine starts in the Scapula region and travels down my right arm. The pain can go from my shoulder to my elbow and all the way down to my wrist. The elbow for some reason is the main point of pain most of the time. The pain is off the charts at times. Currently I'm just taking pain meds to deal with the rough times. I went in for a MRI yesterday so I should know by Friday on which path I'm heading down i.e. surgery or injections. I sure hope it's an injection as I don't like the thought of surgery. I will keep you posted on my findings.

Good luck to you, it's not a fun thing to deal with.

Thanks od247. The constant pain stinks but as long as I can get in the boat (soon I hope)and throw a few casts, I will be good.

Hope you have good results and treatment is successful.

Thanks tj. I can't begin to count how many Neurontin pills I have taken over the years. Even taking more than the highest recommended dose every day, they did nothing. Tried lots of other nerve/muscle/pain meds without any success really. The more I have learned about neuropathy, the less I like having it.

I just started taking Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day for it and it does not seem to be helping at all. Going in for a whole bunch of lab work tomorrow. I guess all I have to do is give some blood and urine samples though. This sucks I can barley walk at times due to so much foot pain.

Been a long time since I've logged in. Thanks for the input, guys. The neuropathy has several health issues to compete with now. Complex regional pain syndrome, erythromelalgia, Sjogren's syndrome, Raynaud's syndrome, kidney disease and got lab work done today for probable lupus. I'm getting a spinal cord stimulator trial in a couple weeks. Hope it works for some of the pain so I can get a permanent in a couple months. Going to cut into the spring casting.