• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Almost Hit 3 bald eagles on Main Ave Moorhead today.

Paul

I was driving down Main Ave in Moorhead today by the Hockey Arena, when 3 big black birds jumped up in front of me, at first I thought it was a couple ravens eating road kill, then I realized they were a little large. I think the one brushed the snow off my hood with his tail feathers. By the time I got pulled over and camera out (which took a minute on a very busy road) they were circling the road kill for a few minutes. pretty soon I was joined by about 4 other motorists and a curious policeman (and his camera phone) and I ended up with a couple mediocre images, as I realized later my settings were from the shooting the blues festival indoors and didn't switch them right away. It was still and amazing sight. The amount of traffic at the time was very high also which I found even crazier that they would be trying to eat on the road having to move every 60 seconds. Must have been fresh (lol)

full-14389-42584-baldealge1.jpg

full-14389-42585-eagle2.jpg

The reason I call them mediocre is they lack overall sharpness and clarity. My personal pet peave I guess is soft focus on wildlife. I have no definition on face or feet. They are ok for web viewing but lack resolution for print, which is my overall goal. I like to print 16x20 for my home.

Thanks for your kind words though I appreciate it.