• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hell with the Ice

Smallie

Hey guys heads up on Bass Opener not to far bet yet so long. 4 months and 12 days from now is the legal bass extravaganza!!!!!

This next weekend my boat will hit a small lake with some open water bass fishing. JIGS, JIGS, and More JIGS!!

Well the boat touched open water for a few minutes. The lake was down 14 feet since last winter when I was out there.

We couldn't get the boat to float off it was way to shallow. Temperatures were also at lovely 5 below zero with winds gusting up to 25mph. I stuck one fish off shore it felt good to stick a fish.

We still had a good trip out there I will be checking on the water levels for march.

Smallie ......You gotta git a grip man.....I'm counting on ya...Remember we're all in this together..lol........You gotta come up and flog the water with me this spring.......I'm thinkin Big Thunder.........JPSavage

We release 99% of the smallies we catch and that was over 800 last year. The smaller 12"er's are fabulous. We were able to Fish the mississippi well into January catching 4 pounders, not to mention walleyes too. If your into the soft water fishing there are many areas to fish on the river, from boat or shore.
good fishin

You got my full attention. The mighty MISS sounds to good to be true for mid-winter blues. Where at? Hows the fishing now until April. It's not froze?

I here open water and I'm just like my lab when he knows were going to go and shoot some rooty's.

I would love to here all the info needed to take a weekend trip. Greatly appreciated!!!

JP that would be fun we could go test out some of the Gary Baits!

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Guy's!!! someone find smallie some open water for everyones mental health at Northeast. Every time I stop in for a morning cup of coffee this kid is bouncing of the walls to hit some open water. He's like a high strug pointer sitting in a dog crate right in the middle of a rooster pen.
Please, find this guy some open water...
By the way, if you in the area stop in at Northeast in the morning for a cup, if Kent is there then walk down to McDonalds and get the coffee, he makes the strongest coffee in the world...

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

Agape's
full of it guys I hate fishing I belong to the PETA ogrinazation. It's an animal rights ornization.

I'm just kidding I love to fish fish fish. I think he is right I flipped a jig in the toilet the other day . It felt good to hit open water. I think the water was to dirty to hold fish thoe?

Hang in ther Smallie.
My wife is ready to send me south until I find an open lake. My kids don't think it's fun any more to have beanie-babies pitched at 'em on the end of a piece of yarn and have Dad yell "Fish On!" when they grab it. The dogs, however, might get a hoot out of me trolling one of the cats through the living room.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

A friend of mine went there this weekend and pounded the walleye’s. The only thing he complained about was that the smallies would hit it if you got down in the rocks. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

On another note I have my rod in my hand at night and flip and pitch to various things in the living room, entryway, and even to the sink in the kitchen when I watch TV. Try this and it will help. I’d try the toilet, but if the wife caught me reeling that dirty water back across the carpet it might be the end for me.

Give the river a try, but keep in mind that that current in a real force and it takes some weight to keep on the bottom. I’m not supposed to tell but try up by the ****. Good luck.
C&R~~~~>’)))))><

A friend of mine went there this weekend and pounded the walleye’s. The only thing he complained about was that the smallies would hit it if you got down in the rocks. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.
On another note I have my rod in my hand at night and flip and pitch to various things in the living room, entryway, and even to the sink in the kitchen when I watch TV. Try this and it will help. I’d try the toilet, but if the wife caught me reeling that dirty water back across the carpet it might be the end for me.
Give the river a try, but keep in mind that that current in a real force and it takes some weight to keep on the bottom. I’m not supposed to tell but try up by the dam. Good luck.
C&R~~~~>’)))))><