• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mid Feb-what depth are you finding panfish?

th64

Wondering if 30+ of ice and a stubborn blanket of snow is killing the weeds and pushing fish a little deeper. Are shallow lakes still good this time of year? I wonder if the spear guys are still seeing fish.

Ive been fishing 15-22 ft lately right on the outside of the weeds not the edge but a little bit from that...Took a couple kids out the other day and one of them got a 15.25" crappie just a monster (Ive caught many 15's but this one was a beeaasstt). I told him that we had two options release the fish or have it mounted. Hes getting it mounted and yes its a skin mount and I know about replicas but imo skin mounts have a little more meaning. I usually fish the south side of 94 up in the alexandria-glenwood area. The fishing has been the best ever so has my aresonal of techniques that you never quit fine tuning. I always look for panfish habitat whether it be a flat that comes into a bay, or just a hole in shallow water. Its amazing how much you learn by just studying lakes. I have fished numerous lakes this year about 20 id guess and found fish on all of them but did not get a crappie on clearwater if anyone could help me out on that Id be a happy camper. Every lake is different but there are areas that usually hold groupsof panfish on most the lakes. If your catching little ones stick it out sometimes the big ones dont even get a chance to get to your bait. You just gotta know what to look for and think about were the food is and match the hatch!!!