• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red top ATV trails

kb1965

Finally rode the Red top trails north east of Isle yesterday. Excellent trails, well marked and had a good time, low swampy areas had boardwalks to ride across to eliminate any problems. Only problem we had yesterday was on the east side trail. DO NOT ride on the east side trail. It is a one way trail and we took it yesterday and the one boardwalk area you use to cross a swamp is missing boards about half way across. The beginning and the end were above water, the rest is about 6" under water. The long rails the span the area are still in tack but there are boards missing inbetween, approximately a 5 foot span, just enough to fit a wheeler into. Didn't realize it until I was sitting in water with my machine completed submerged. When we got it pulled out the front tierod was bent, so now I have a flooded machine with a bent tie rod. Before we left I took a couple of planks from the water and stood them up into the air hopefully marking the bad area. Luckly no one else was coming down the trail as we had to pull it out the wrong way on the trail. Did mention to a couple of other riders not to use this trail also.

Well after 4 oil changes the oil is now the color it is supposed to be. Before I changed it, turned it over, let it sit for a couple of minutes and cranked it over again, about 10 times in a row. Change the oil and start over again, oil was a nice white color. Drained and cleaned the carb, the air intake, and drained the water from the exhaust. As far as running yet, haven't even got a pop out of it. Will be working on it again today. Stopped at the dealer also on thrusday, and he recommended checking and draining differentials on it also. If no go today, it will be headed up to the dealer monday morning.

My ride was a 2004 Bombardier Quest 650 XT, with just over 500 miles on it. Man what a pain in the but this ride has gotten to be.

Kevin

kb,

I feel for you, brother. Mine was in a basement/garage flood when it was 4 months old. It only went up about halfway on the machine. I drained the all the fluids. Fortunately, there were no signs of water in the crankcase, but the transmission fluid looked suspicious.

I hope you get her together successfully. Hang in there.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Well called around to see if I could find any members to the ATV club in the area. No luck. As for the wheeler it has made a trip back to the dealer in Little Falls. I stopped in there on thursday when it happened and said I would be bringing it up on monday morning if I had no luck. I performed all the task he had told me to but no luck on starting. Now I just have to wait for a phone call.

I *think* I know which trail you are talking about. I rode there a couple of months ago and could not imagine a sport bike making it through it. The trail (that I was on) was marked with a black (difficult) trail marker and was a one way. Lots of mud, water, hills, tree stumps and difficult terrain. I had to use 4x4 2 or 3 times to get out of some situations. It was a total blast, and I wish more trails were designed around that type of terrain where 4x4 is actually needed.

I dont mean to make light of your situation, just stating my preference for trail riding. Hopefully you'll have your bike fixed soon, if it already is not.