• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glacier Plow System Frame for Polaris ATV

TurkeyNateDog

Hey just wondering if anyone has this new plowing system from Polaris? I'm thinking of purchasing it for this next winter to plow my Driveway and side walks. I have a Polaris Sportsman 500. Anyone have experience with this Glacer system? Good or Bad comments. Thanks Guys!

Nate

I have this on my '03 Sportsman 600. I love it. This is the only one that I have ever used, so I can't give you any comparison's, but it only take 30 seconds to hook it up and take it off. The plate underneath stays there for good, except when you want to drop the front differential oil. Then the plate must be taken off to get to the drain plug, that is the only draw back.

[This message has been edited by fishing 101 (edited 06-09-2004).]

I have it on a 04 400 sportsman, and love it. It is simple and fast to hook up. You can get about 13 inches of clearance from the ground to the bottom of the blade without putting rubber blocks in the springs. You won't be sorry buying one of these.

Its a really good system, I've installed several of them and can say first hand thats it's the best design I've seen yet. On a side note... You do need to have a winch though to use the Glacier plow.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

I have one on my 500HO. I love it. I can't believe how much snow these machines can move. Be careful that the winch pulls straight up and down. There are 3 holes in the plow to hook to. I used the middle hole for most of the season and my winch cable broke. I now use the far left hole and it works fine.

------------------
1996 Sylvan Pro Select, 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500HO, 2003 Ski-Doo Summit 600HO, 2000 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 It ain't a sport if it can't kill ya!

Wall-Eye, do you have a warn wench or did you purchase the wench that mounts to the Glacier frame? I think they call it the Glacier™ Plow System Electronic Lift Kit. I was thinking about purchasing the Glacier Plow System Electronic Lift Kit but wanted to hear some oppinions on it. Thanks!

My opinion would be, if you don't have a winch, think about spending the money you'd spend on the electric plow lift and put it towards a winch to raise and lower your plow. A winch would serve two purposes rather than the electric plow lift serving just one, and you having the need of a winch while out riding.

Anyone have the Electronic Lift Kit for their Glacier plow system? Just curious to how well it works and if you like it or not. Sledhead have you installed one with the Electronic lift Kit? Thanks!

TN

[This message has been edited by TurkeyNateDog (edited 06-23-2004).]

TND,
I have one on a plow system but not the Glacier plow system. I like it. Faster than a winch, quiet and the switch is right on the handlebar next to the left grip. It's a Cycle Country electric plow lift system. I would guess the Glacier system is similar.

I got one on my 04 600 and it is fantastic. Much easier than the earlier Polaris plow mounts and lots fater to kookuo and take off. Plowed snow all winter with no problems. I would recommend it for anyone that is looking for a plow system and doesn't want to spend a lot of time putting a plow on and taking it off when you want to go do other things. Takes less than 1 minute to hook up and take off when you want to go fishing or playing.