• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Issue im having with my sled!

Mike Dumas

Ok first im going to start off by saying if this is not the place to post please remove it smile

To start off, this issue started up last year... It starts up great (within 2-3 pulls cold start) Idles great starts off fantastic rides around fine for about 15 minutes (Of moving time.. ive left it on for 30+ minutes and then ran it around for 15 minutes) Then it starts to lose power like its not getting gas, usually has enough to slow ride it to the garage and then as soon as i get to the slight incline by my garage it bogs to no power at all and as soon as you take your hand off the throttle it dies out. I temp fixed it last year by cleaning the carbs spotless and brought it to a lake and ran it around for a good hour+ with no issues till i got it back to the trailer it did the same thing. Well cleaned out the carbs the other day 100% including the pilot ect til it was shiney. started up after 5 pulls (Even filling the bowls, i just put a tad gas in each cyl to help pull the gas into the bowls) and after 15 minutes... same thing. Im about to replace all the gas lines and try to replace the fuel filter again (Just replaced it last year) and see if this does anything, but the fuel pump is also clear. If changing the lines and filter does not do anything (HOPING IT DOES!) what else could it be? I am stumped here. I am getting good spark and after i let the sled sit for 5 minutes in this colder weather 15 pulls later and it starts up again ( doesnt last as long til i let it sit overnight again) So i dont know if its just not getting the gas into the bowl and one of lines is partially clogged and once the bowl emptys it struggles to stay running with the little gas that is getting to them or what. Thanks in advance for the thoughts yall!

I won't be able to help you much, but please put the year make and model and the guys here will likely be able to hep you more. Hope you get it going!

Almost sounds to me like the float is not letting enough gas in, or fast enough. Had that on an outboard once. Good luck.

OK... Just a small update and it really make sense to be the issue.... When I took the line out by the filter to bring it up to get the right size lines... I found a chunck of plastic wedged in the Lin almost entirely blocking it looks like its from the old filter.. How I didn't notice it missing a piece when I replaced it I don't know . and if it does fix it I'll update y'all. To bad it took this long to find it. ROFL! Bye its a 94 Indy lite deluxe

full-46934-40243-img_20131212_155441766.

I'd say this makes sense smile used all the fuel in the bowl but didn't have enough umf to pull enough fuel through with this in the way.. Then 15 pulls eventually got enough gas in bowl to fire up but not last... Then gravity while its off overnight fills up enough to run for that 15 minutes. Getting geared up now to test it out. Hoping it was that easy of a fix... And what a place to Be.. Think of getting no fuel you start in a lot of other places including cleaning carbs and such before thinking of the lines lol

There are a lot of clear type hose out there. Make sure you get some for gas or is may crack and leave you out in the cold! The stuff I picked up was "clear blue" gas line and it may have come from fleet or the hardware up in CrossLake I can't remember? I just used a chunk of it to drain some old gas out of one sled. It stays pliable even in the cold. But, the nice thing is you can always tell when you have gas flow with it on. wink