• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Woodys Doolys? Worth extra $$?...

BoxMN

Yep, another question from me smile

I am likely in need of new wear rods on my 02 Yammie Venture 600 2-up. Pretty heavy sled, its a triple. My wife rides it on trails the most, I use it for ice fishing pulling my tubs around. She says she thinks it is sloppy on the trails. I am not so sure, but it has 3200 miles and original bars I believe. So likely need them.

What I am wondering is if I should try the Woody's Doolys or the normal Woody's. The Doolys just sit a bit higher, but each side has two runners, thus two carbides, correct? Is this gimmick or are they really nicer? The reviews all give it praise. At DK and others it costs more, but not twice as much.

Anybody have recommendation or pros/cons? It says it will fit my sled, so assuming it would be the same as normal wear rods. Thanks for any advice!

Interesting, I came across some info from a Scott Bergstrom, who makes Triple Point Carbides. Their info seems to suggest that Yammies specifically could use a shim on the ski to help darting, and reviews and videos do seem to show that these Triple Point Carbides might also work really well, and last a long time. He also points out the the Woodys Doolys add weight when most folks are trying to drop weight...

Anybody ever try these? I am not trying to spend more money than I have to, but if I am going to spend about $70 for the average carbides, or a hundred more to get some that might work much better and last longer... The idea behind it really make sense, but I have no real world experience here...

Ha, maybe I am over thinking it smile

edit - Dragonsm that yammie info you gave me for the carb cleaning instructions led me the shim info, which led me to the triple point cabides info...

I haven't used woody's duallies but my 04 firecat came with arctic cats dual bars and I thought they were worthless, couldn't get the sled to turn. talked to a cat rep at a show and he told me to get rid of them and shorten the limiter straps a bit. I thought it seemed like they plugged up between the runners and then wouldn't cut.

Fishing star, you have the triple point or the doolys?

Thanks all for the info. I think I might just be looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Will likely just get standard 4" carbides, and maybe look into trying a shim under back side of yammie skis.

Well, I am going to try the Stud Boy Shaper bar 4.5" carbides on the Yammie (no studs), and some Woody's Trailblazer IV (4") on the Polaris xc500 (no studs), and some X-Calibar II (4") on the old Indy 400 (has studs) - heck I think I just have bars on this old guy right now, or they are totaly worm off!. Maybe will try the Triple Point some other time if the Shaper bars don't work well.