• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Breath boxes

BoxMN

I have an HJC modular, I think a CLmax or CL15 or something like that, and another similar for my wife. Hers is newer and has a sort of flimsy breath box.

Mine is older but has an all rubber, more form fitting, breath box, that is almost like a jet fighter mask. I really like mine, but can't find it in any of the current offerings at DK or other online places.

Just wondering if there is a better/best aftermarket type breath box that you folks like. She doesn't like mine because it can feel sort of "wet" from the breath, but it works awesome. I have one other modular helmet that I would like to add a box to for guests.

One other thought, anybody have a modular helmet with a sunscreen slider shield that they like? Probably out of my price range, but the ability to slide a sunscreen down would be awesome on some days, especially late in the season as days get longer.

Thanks for thoughts. (PS, no, I won't be getting the open face and goggles helmet, though I know a lot of people like them. I like the ease of a one piece helmet, but the ability to open it up.)

FYI I think I found my breathbox that works awesome. My helmet is actually a SY-Max and has a rubber breath box that should work in any helmet that has the space. This is what I searched for:

HJC SY-Max Breath Box

Cost is more than most, at about $23.

Some day I will try open/googles again wink

I made the switch to a heated visor a few years ago. I won't ever switch back.

Same here... I've tried about every combination of tricks and gadgets there is and short of having a super tall windshield (which I dont care to have) the heated visor is best all around way to keep clear vision. Breath is not always the problem though! We got caught once doing a 250+ mile ride and there was freezing drizzle for over 100 miles of it. We had to stop every few minutes just to scrape enough off to see only to cover back up with ice. I was able to leave my visor up a crack to see but my buddy with the goggles was really having a tough time. After that trip the heated visor is always with me. wink

For heated visor, what if you don't have a battery? Do you find a place to store one, or can you rig it to run/charge from the engine? I think my wife would like one, and she has battery on her sled, but I don't on mine. Thanks.