• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV for hard water

Kyle

Hey everyone,

I really want to get a nice ATV for ice fishing. I plan to put tracks on it. I don't think I want anything less than a 650. I'm not going to skimp on the wheeler or tracks; I believe you get what you pay for. Having said that, hit me with some recommendations for ATV options and track options.

This works for me. Do what works for you. Can Am 800 outlander Max with the Appchee track system. 52MPH with 2-3" of snow and 40 with 12 + Inches. One can haul everything you need plus tow a couple of houses and go almost anywhere. If you do get stuck be prepared as you cannot push it out one must winch it out or get pulled out. full-40339-39000-4wheeler1.jpg

I don't have tracks, but one thing I notice when I see them is how much snow they throw all over, like tons smile I would say enclosed storage for your stuff, and a fullface helmet would be a must, and clothing that the snow will easily fall off.

They are cool though, whether getting point a to b, or even messing around wink

I don't think you need tracks for ice fishing, unless you fish in areas that get heavy snow cover. I put on mud/snow tires on my wheeler, and that made a night to day difference, and will cost much less. I have been happy with them.

when it gets above freezing, they also will through snow balls all around you, with the bigger lugs.