• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will he come back?

musky hunter

So I had a great encounter with a fine buck.

No question he knew something was amiss, he spotted my blind location. I had the sight on him at 40 yds, just didin't quite get the 100% clear shot and the animal wandered off, always looking back at my location. I grunted, snort wheezed, but no way could get it to return. It's got three big scrapes near by. The animal didn't snort, just knew something was fishy. Is there a chance of this animal returning, or should I move the blind location to somewhere else on it's route, assuming I can find more scrapes. Is it spooked for the season, or does it return to the route?

He'll be back. His hormones have not peaked yet and he wasn't spooked to bad by the sounds of it. If a doe comes through he will forget about the fishy ground blind.Just my opinion. Hope it eases your mind.

I would hunt there but not out of the same blind, heck even keep the blind there as a decoy and setup further back in the direction he came from. I don't have high hopes it will work but sitting in the same spot he likely figured you out from sounds like trouble.

I would keep the calls in the bag this hunt, you might just be tipping him off unless you have a decoy you can put up.

Yes, if you are in his area he may come back. My buck pictured below from last year is proof. I missed this buck with my bow last year, only to kill him in the same location with my rifle a few weeks later. And he definitely knew something was up when I missed him.

full-178-38554-14pointer.jpg