• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rokon

Dan DAN the fisherman

Anyone have any experience with the Rokon Ranger in the snow. This is a 2-wheel drive motorcycle with balloon tires. Wondering how they will pull an ice shack around. I'm thinking about purchasing one, but don't know how they will do for my winter time hobbies. Heard that they are an awesome hunting machine. Love to hear from someone that owns one. Thanks,
Dan DAN

------------------

Dan, I don't own one of these Rokons or do I know anyone who has, but in my opinion from what I saw by looking at there web site. I think you would be much better off with a 4 wheeler of any big name brand of your chosing. I know that a good 4 wheeler will pull a fish house easy, I think trying to balance one of these Rokons on ice and pulling a fish house at the same time would be very difficult. One thing to think about, where are the dealers for these located at if you have problems? Although it was not a Rokon, My Father in-law bought one of these "Off Brand" ATVs and he had a ton of trouble... He ended up selling it and buying a new brand name 4 wheeler, which he reports he wishes he would have done from the begining. I wish you Good Luck on whatever you decide to buy, and remember the only one that has to be happy with your purchase is you.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

I owned two of the first 4-strokes that rokon put out, and they had problems with the carbs,(They were only 2-stroke before)and I found them to be very good for summer fishing trips and were really good at low speed hill climbing, but as soon as the snow fell or there was any ice they were not only useless, but downright unstable even with tire chains. Got a Yamaha 660 now.