• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Springer Spaniel

gahlD

I second Katie. another top nationally know breeder and field trialer that is from Minnesota is Bill Boeckman from Montgomery, MN. he is the one that started the SandCreek Line of Springer Spaniels. I bought my dog from him. Katie actually got her start in Springers with Bill's help. she started her line of springers with dogs from Bill and dogs from Chuck Nelson's Doorcreek line of Springer. I think she may have now started breeding to other lines too. it's been a long time since I last talked to her or Bill.

Yeah, Bill is certainly a veteran of the business and I went and visited him when I was looking since he was only about an hour away. I agree he has excellent bloodlines and all but what swayed my opinion of him is that we also wanted the dogs to be family friendly and really look at how a breeder treats their own dogs. Katie lets her dogs out to run and has a place for them to socialize with each other and generally treats them like her kids. When I went to see Bill and his dogs, they are restricted to the crate except when they are taken out and worked. I understand this may be better for training them to hunt but they don't get the interaction with people and other dogs and we are not sentencing our dogs to a life in a crate when we get them so we don't buy from someone who does this themselves.But I guess that is personal preference. If you are the type who crates the dog it's whole life and only interact with it when it is time to hunt that may work for you. Just my opinion.