• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place to live for grouse hunting?

Looking to move back to mn. Have hunted a lot as a kid in the NE near grand Marais where a lot of relatives are. Only thing that is a long ways from pheasant hunting. Also did well where we had a cabin on the st croix but that is a state park now. So without giving out honey holes what area could you enjoy good grouse hunting but be a 3 to 4 hour drive to pheasants? Thanks in advance. Springerchaser.

i would go at least to walker area or farther north. around brainerd is spotty hunting and probably the worst part of the state for deer ticks the dieases they carry. I usually get 50 to 100 ticks off my 2 dogs after every hunt, dogs on antibiotics almost every year. I have a cabin north of grand rapids way better hunting much less ticks 5 or less usually. I would rather live in a super grouse area and drive farther for pheasant hunting, than live in average grouse area and have a shorter drive for pheasants.

... around brainerd is spotty hunting and probably the worst part of the state for deer ticks the dieases they carry. I usually get 50 to 100 ticks off my 2 dogs after every hunt, dogs on antibiotics almost every year. I have a cabin north of grand rapids way better hunting much less ticks 5 or less usually. ...

It seems like those little sands of beaches are everywhere. I lived it Babbitt, which is the real ice box of Minnesota, and they were plentiful there. I had two dogs get Lyme's disease. But I digress...