• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail

I renewed an old hobby this summer in mountain biking the Cuyuna Mountain Bike Trails near Crosby-Ironton. These trails are incredible. They are in their third official year I believe. Not only is the mountain bike riding great, but the scenery is great too. Hard to believe this area was once open pit mined for iron ore and has now been reclaimed with mine pit lakes and trees. I finally decided I needed to take my camera on a beautiful evening ride this past week. Here are a few shots.

full-334-37322-2cc_1004.jpg

These first three shots are right at the Pennington Lake access which is a trail head for the mountain bike trails as well.

full-334-37323-2cc_1006.jpg

full-334-37324-2cc_1010.jpg

These two shots are from the top of Miner's Mountain overlooking Crosby and Ironton as well as some of the mine pit lakes

full-334-37325-2cc_1014.jpg

full-334-37326-2cc_1015.jpg

The Trek Rumblefish!! Love this bike.

full-334-37327-2cc_1020.jpg

Back down by the trail head

full-334-37328-2cc_1025.jpg

full-334-37329-2cc_1035.jpg

If you mountain bike these trails, join IMBA and support the Cuyuna Mountain Bike Club.

ccarlson

Thanks guys. I've been scoping out a few spots on the trails to get some action shots too. The challenge will be the shadow/light contrast through the tree canopy while stopping the action of the bikes. Definitely potential to do some fun stuff. If anyone ever wanted to do a mountain biking photography trip to the Cuyuna trails, let me know. It would be a great learning experience for me.

ccarlson

eyeguy,

Sorry for the delay. Out of town for a few days. Colors are good now but won't last long. I'm going out riding tonight after work and might bring the camera. I should have realized before I posted that my weekends are filled with hunting trips and commitments. Too many great things to do this time of year. I'm assuming you would have to drive a ways so an evening probably wouldn't be worth your time. If this fall doesn't work, I'd like to take time next summer to get some action shots on the bike trails. There's some great possibilities. Let me know. I have an extra bike.

ccarlson